Posted on 06/07/2021
If any of the industry’s online specialists can claim to know the installer market better than the rest, then it’s Glazing Vault, which already has more than 650 installation businesses using at least one of its software products.
Having built its reputation on developing low-cost glazing product websites and simple to use product designers, it has now added the option of an online shop which installers can purchase as a fully functioning e-commerce website or as an upgrade to their existing site.
Katie Phillips, Account Manager at Glazing Vault, says it’s the ideal product for installers, as well as fabricators and stockists who supply direct to self-builders and homeowners. She says: “Adding an online shop gives installers another dimension to their online presence and a potentially valuable source of new business.
“We all know that the pandemic has really accelerated the shift online and that’s been reflected in soaring demand for our online lead generation products. However, it’s also transformed the online shopping market, with the 2021 Online Nation Report showing a massive 48% increase in online shopping last year. For many consumers, buying online has now become their default option and, even as lockdown eases, businesses with no e-commerce capacity at all really are at risk of missing out.”
Glazing Vault has concentrated on making its new online shop option as easy to set up and use as its popular product designers. Customers can either choose the new website theme created specifically to be a stand-alone online shop, or they can add a bespoke online shop to their existing Glazing Vault website theme. Whichever option they choose, they can populate their shop with their own products and prices and keep it updated themselves with stock availability and lead times.
The e-commerce store facility is also available as an option on bespoke website designs developed by Glazing Vault’s sister company The Consultancy.
Katie Phillips adds: “This is all very well proven open-source technology which we know works seamlessly alongside customers’ WordPress websites. It includes plug-ins for secure payments and is fully customisable. We provide all the support that customers need to get their shop set up in the first place and then give them the tools they need to keep it running smoothly.”
The first Glazing Vault customers to have launched their online shops are reporting even better than expected sales figures and positive feedback from buyers.Demo store available to view at: http://woostore.glazingvault.com
Posted on 31/03/2020
In line with the shutdown now in place across most of the industry to try to halt the spread of Coronavirus, we have taken the decision to temporarily close some of our operations here at Glazing Vault.
We have a small team working to ensure that the business remains in good shape to reopen as soon as we are given the go ahead that it is safe and sensible to do so and to look after any customers who are still operating.
All product designers and websites will remain running as normal and you will be contacted by our automated system if your renewal is due during this period
If you need any help during the shutdown period or have any questions or queries, please email us at: email@example.com and a member of the team will get straight back to you.
Thank you to every single one of our customers for their support in these challenging times. We will keep the website and social channels updated with our plans.
Please stay safe over the coming weeks. We hope to be back with you very soon.
Posted on 30/03/2020
Last month, Business Micros announced that they had acquired Echo Digital Media, better know as The Consultancy & Glazing Vault.
In this film, Graeme Bailey & Paul Callaghan talk about the deal and the plans for the future.
Posted on 06/02/2020
Business Micros has announced the acquisition of Echo Digital Media (EDM), better known in this industry under its twin brands of The Consultancy and The Glazing Vault, for an undisclosed sum.
The move brings together two of the sector’s biggest digital specialists; and demonstrates the scale of Business Micros’ continuing ambition as it looks to strengthen its market leading position in its 41st year.
Graeme Bailey, Managing Director of Business Micros, says the investment in EDM will have long term benefits for both businesses, giving them the opportunity to share expertise and resources, as well as to develop new opportunities together.
He says: “EDM is already a really good business, with a great team and really exciting products, particularly in terms of its pricing and ordering portals. With Business Micros’ backing, we think it has the potential to be even better, and we will certainly be looking to invest further in both the team and the product range.”
For customers of Business Micros and EDM, Graeme says it is very much business as usual. He adds: “Customers probably won’t notice any differences in the short term but, over time, we are confident that they will see some really significant improvements in how we both operate. For instance, EDM will now have access to the datasets held within Business Micros to make their portal development quicker and easier, while Business Micros will be able to utilise the digital design expertise at EDM to enhance the interface on many of our products.
“We’ve got some really exciting new plans as well which will make the most of the obvious synergy between the two businesses, building on our individual strengths and making us even better as a group.”
Moving forward, EDM will operate as a separate business within the Business Micros group, in the same way that BM Aluminium, the specialist aluminium software business, has done since 2007. Paul Callaghan, EDM’s Managing Director, says that he sees only positives for EDM and its customers following the acquisition: “We’re becoming part of the industry’s biggest software provider, which has spent over 40 years building a deserved reputation for service and innovation. That’s a really exciting opportunity for us and gives us the platform we need to push on to the next phase in our growth.”
Posted on 19/12/2019
We work with a lot of companies in the window and door sectors every day supplying website design themes that can hold their own against the bespoke competition, and product designers, that allow users to build their windows and doors online, before they buy. Customers work with us for many reasons, not least because we’re specialists and because the team at Glazing Vault has been working on similar products and projects for over 30 years now. However, if you’re new to Glazing Vault, here are our top five reasons why you might want one of our product designers on your site:
1) 24/7 Salesperson – when done well, websites with product designers incorporated can become like an extra salesperson for your business. End users and installers don’t often operate on a 9-5 basis – they might want to view or order doors at any time of the day or night or at the weekend. Product Designers give you the ability to sell your products 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our automated product designers can also take care of sending quotes and documentation out to customers, freeing you up to look after all other aspects of the business.
2) Personalised – And you don’t need to worry that the e-mails, quotes and information generated online will look substandard to the information you send directly – our system is designed to look good. It looks professional in its quality design but is also completely personalised with your branding for consistency.
3) The Vault – all our product designers come with access to your own Vault account. Here you can manage your product designer, making tweaks and changes as necessary, as well as manage all your incoming quotes. All quotes are stored in the Vault in one central, easy to access location.
4) Flexibility – we find customers choose to use their product designers in different ways depending on their business models and how much emphasis they want to place on their online tools. Some simply use it on their website to encourage engagement from visitors, while others also have it on display in their showroom, to help inspire visitors with more options and ideas. Some also give it to their sales representative to use in the home to help to close the sale. Our product designers are completely flexible for use in any way that suits your business.
5) Pick & Choose – Our product designers have already been created so that we can offer them quickly and cost effectively, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be tailored to your business too. We have specifically developed our designers so that you can pick and choose the product options you want to include from your supplier, and the ones you don’t. And this can all be managed through your Vault account, so can be updated in the future as and when your product offering changes.
We have tried to think of everything when it comes to our range of product designers. We’ve been working with companies in the fenestration industry long enough to understand the variables involved, the challenges businesses face and the opportunities that can reap real rewards. New customers are often pleasantly surprised at the cost of our designers and the speed at which we can implement them, allowing them to enjoy all of these benefits sooner rather than later.
We’d love to hear your thoughts about product designers whether you have one on your website or whether you’ve used one to generate a quote. Please get in touch with us by e-mailing Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org